FAULTY POWER SOCKET
Faulty power sockets are the main reason for damaging the laptop motherboards. Power socket should be tested for below :
- If red and green lights turns On, Which means the polarity is correct of the power socket.
- If out of all three lights only red light turns on which means earthing is faulty of the power socket.
- If out of all three lights only green light turns on that indicates the neutral is faulty on the power socket.
- If red and yellow light turns on which means live and neutral is in reverse polarity.
- If none of the light turns on which means your live is faulty.
LAPTOP BATTERY NOT CHARGING
Is your laptop not turning on? It is a common misunderstanding that a laptop does not turn on because the battery is not charging. While this may be true for mobiles, this is not the case with laptops. All laptops can work normally without the battery while on direct power supply from the laptop charger
When a laptop does not turn on, the motherboard may have died.
In this case we do a complete disassembly of your laptop. Your motherboard is then placed under a scope. We check your board for faulty ICs using a schematic chart and schematic diagram.
We check for voltage connectivity and link of the ICs
There are four main reasons why your laptop won’t turn on.
- Motherboard Surge damage
- Motherboard liquid damage by shorting
- Motherboard liquid damage by rusting
- Impact damage
We replace the damaged ICs, remove the shorting and rusting from the board by applying flux and heat. We use new ICs and we give a month’s warranty on laptop board repairs. At Laptop service center Malad Mumbai, we use state of the art board repair tools to ensure your board is repaired permanently. To prevent recurrence we recommend to check wall power sockets for correct polarity. We do not recommend to use power direclty from wall sockets nor through spike guards but soley through surge protectors. To keep moisture at bay, it is advisable to store your laptop when not in use (night) in your laptop bag along with a moisture prevention kit to get 70% moisture protection or in an airtight plastic storage container with a moisture prevention kit to get 99% moisture protection.
Plugged in NOT CHARGING
Is your laptop not charging?
There are four main reasons why your laptop battery not charging.
- Charger may be faulty
- Battery may be dead
- Logic board may be faulty
- Charging IC replacement